For most of us, the day begins with a flurry of activity that starts long before we make it to the office, to school, or wherever our day takes us. No matter how pressed for time we are, great skin care shouldn’t be something that’s neglected, even when each minute counts. Believe it or not, even if you have less than five minutes, beautiful skin is completely possible by following these simple steps.
Be Prepared By Knowing Your Routine
Have all your skin-care items close by in a neat tray, including cotton pads and Q-tips. Just in case, leave your lip balm and heel exfoliant/balm on your bedside table so you can apply them before you fall asleep. If the clock is ticking is ticking for you first thing in the morning, it doesn’t mean you should skip taking care of every part of yourself. Knowing exactly what you should do and why you should do it will help with the flow of your skin-care steps.
- Use a moisturizer during the day that contains sunscreen so you don’t have to use a separate product. You can also use the same moisturizer you use at night if your foundation and pressed powder contain sunscreen.
- A beautifully-formulated lip balm can be used on elbows and heels.
- Use your gentle water soluble cleanser with a soft wash cloth—that is the only scrub your skin needs.
- Well-formulated toners can remove last traces of makeup on your face, while giving your skin much-needed antioxidants and barrier repair ingredients.
- If your face moisturizer is brilliantly formulated it can be the best eye cream you can use. Ditto for your neck and chest!
- The exact same exfoliant for your face can be applied on your elbows and chest to make those areas look smooth and younger.
Using a water soluble cleanser first all over your face with a gentle wash cloth should get off all your makeup. Any leftover makeup can quickly be removed with a small amount of makeup remover. Aside from saving time, skipping this step also helps to not pull at your skin. Pulling and wiping at your skin tears your skin’s elastin fibers and can cause sagging. Think about women who wear heavy earrings and how their ear lobes become distended. That’s from the constant weight stretching out the skin’s elasticity.
Depending on your skin type, the products you need will vary. While you don’t want to skip the essential products, facial masks are optional (and time-consuming) and aren’t necessary to take great daily care of your skin.
Whether you choose to build your routine around Paula’s Choice products or with those from other brands, the key to seeing results is making sure the products you use are brilliantly formulated without irritating ingredients and are the right texture for your skin type
In keeping with this theme of simplicity, for those crunched for time or just looking to begin a basic skin-care routine, Paula’s Choice has put together two essential skin-care routines ideal for your skin type. Paula’s Choice essential system for normal to dry skin, and essential system for normal to oily/combination skin are both easy-to-follow routines that include your daily basics.