WOW umm how horrible was the Super Bowl last night?!
I’m a Redskins fan, but was really rooting for Peyton to take home the win…..I definitely did NOT expect it to be almost a complete shut out! Luckily some of the commercials were pretty good (yeah how cute were the family of dogs?!) and Bruno Mars was entertaining, so there was that.
But enough of Super Bowl let-downs, here’s my favorite salsa! I’m posting this first because you’ll need this recipe if you want to make the crock pot salsa chicken I’m always talking about. This is a VERY easy and basic salsa recipe, but I love it because of all the HEAT and great flavor! If you like your salsa spicy, I would suggest adding two jalapenos instead of one……I definitely did. Just throw everything in your food processor and voila!
Best Ever Salsa Print Serves: 12 servings Ingredients
- 1 white onion, roughly chopped
- 1 or 2 jalapenos, roughly chopped
- 1 clove garlic, chopped
- 8 roma tomatoes, chopped
- 1 (15 oz) can diced tomatoes
- 1 (4.5 oz) can green chiles
- 1 handful of cilantro
- 1 Tbsp fresh lime juice
- 1 packet of Stevia
- ¼ tsp. sea salt
- Combine onion, jalapenos, garlic, tomatoes, green chiles, cilantro, lime juice, Stevia and salt in a food processor and pulse until just combined for chunky salsa or more for smoother salsa.
- Serve and enjoy!
Nutritional Information Serving Size: ½ cup • Calories: 34 • Fat: 0 g • Carbs: 7 g • Fiber: 2.2 g • Protein: 1 g • WW Points+: 0 pts 3.5.3208