Yes I know, I’ve been on a bit of a fruit kick lately. I mean in the past week I’ve given you spiced grapefruit, blueberry crostinis, a mango, papaya and kiwi pie and now friends I give you peaches. Caramelized peaches with fresh rosemary no less. With fall quickly approaching, I’m trying to savor all my favorite fruits before they go out of season!
And before I re-stock my kitchen with crazy amounts of canned pumpkin. Yikes.
This is such an easy dessert that is so quick to make, and looks absolutely stunning on a platter. I took out over half the oil originally used in this recipe because 1) I don’t like my peaches tasting oily (eww) and 2) it cuts out almost half the calories without compromising the flavor.Win-win!I also loved the fresh snipped rosemary as well. Feel free to use thyme if you don’t have any rosemary on hand, or combine the both for some intense flavor! And if you have left over peaches and herbs, throw them all together for some delicious peach sangria!
It is still summer after all people.
In other news, I finally decided on a house and will be signing the contract THIS Saturday!! It’s completely new construction and I can’t wait to get started picking out the granite and cabinets for my dream kitchen!
Follow me on Pinterest if you want an idea of what my house will look like! I couldn’t be more excited.
Caramelized Peaches with Fresh Rosemary Print Recipe adapted from Better Homes & Gardens Serves: 4 servings Ingredients
- 2 Tbsp olive oil
- ¼ cup raw honey
- 4 ripe medium peaches, halved and pitted
- 2 Tbsp fresh orange juice
- 2 tsp. fresh rosemary, snipped
- In a large skillet over medium-high heat, heat oil until shimmery and hot and then stir in honey. Place peach halves, cut sides down, in hot oil mixture. Reduce heat to medium and cook about 5 minutes, occasionally moving the peaches around so they don’t stick. Peaches will begin to brown and flesh will soften.
- Reduce heat to low and add orange juice and rosemary, swirling skillet to distribute evenly. Gently turn peaches over and cook for an additional 5 minutes.
- To serve, drizzle rosemary-honey mixture over peaches and top with fat-free whipped cream, if desired. Enjoy!
Nutritional Information Serving Size: 2 peach halves • Calories: 195 • Fat: 6.5 g • Carbs: 32 g • Fiber: 3 g • Protein: 2.1 g • WW Points+: 5 pts 3.5.3208