No it’s not my birthday. It’s my blog’s!!!
A year ago today I posted my very first recipe on this little blog of mine and it looked something like this. Um let me go ahead and warn you, it’s not very pretty.
Well through all the bad iPhone photos, stressed out rants I tended to have from time to time, and the oh so many face lifts this blog has had (um 4 to be exact), Eat Yourself Skinny was born and I couldn’t be more proud of how far it’s come. I’m of course still practicing my photography each and every day and still have soooo much to learn, but I’m just so blessed to have found something I’m truly passionate in.
So Happy Birthday Bloggy!!
Ok enough of this sappy rambling, onto the yummy stuff! As soon as I saw the ingredients in this recipe, I KNEW I just had to make it. Edamame, pears, BREAD….perfection. You can never have enough appetizer ideas and this one is perfect for you and your girlfriends on those wine nights when you want to snack on something healthy.
Oh and at 62 calories per serving, go ahead and indulge ladies! These are loaded with protein and fiber and don’t let the ingredients fool you, the combination really does taste delicious!
I realized while making this that I need to seriously invest in a new food processor. I’m not even kidding y’all. I’ve been putting this off for SO long now, but it just doesn’t blend and chop like I need it to. As a result, the topping on these crostinis are thicker than I wanted, but alas it didn’t change the flavor by any means. Le sigh.
Probably shouldn’t have even told you.
Another great idea for this recipe is to make it as a hummus! The consistency makes a perfect spread for pita bread or chips and the mixture of sweet and savory is spot on.
This my friends, is a MUST-try!
Edamame & Pear Crostini and a Birthday! Print Recipe adapted from CarbLover’s Diet Cookbook Serves: 30 servings Ingredients
- 1 (16 oz) bag frozen shelled edamame
- ¼ cup olive oil, divided
- 1 cup chopped fresh mint
- ½ cup grated Pecorino Romano cheese
- ½ tsp. sea salt
- ¼ tsp black pepper
- 1 (12 oz) baguette, thinly sliced
- 1-2 Bartlett pears, peeled and diced
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
- Cook adamame in salted boiling water for about 10 minutes. Remove with a slotted spoon and place in ice water. Drain and set aside ¼ cup whole edamame, process the remainder in a food processor until coarsely chopped.
- Combine mashed edamame with reserved whole edamame, 3 tablespoons olive oil, 1 cup mint, cheese, salt and pepper.
- Place baguette slices on a baking sheet, brush lightly with remaining 1 tablespoon oil, and bake for 10 minutes. Top each baguette slice with 1 tablespoon edamame mixture and 2 teaspoons of chopped pear. Garnish with additional mint, if desired. Enjoy!
Nutritional Information Serving Size: 1 crostini • Calories: 62 • Fat: 3.3 g • Carbs: 5.3 g • Fiber: 1.1 g • Protein: 2.9 g • WW Points+: 2 pts 3.5.3208