Happy Cindo de Mayo everyone!! So in honor of the festivities this week, I’ve been trying to do some fun Mexican dishes that taste great without all the guilt. I found this rice dish from Gina’s Skinny Recipes (umm did I mention I LOVE her??) and it turned out perfect! My boyfriend had the awesome idea of grilling up some chicken and making fajitas out of it and ohh it did not disappoint. Watch out Chipotle! Your burrito bowl doesn’t stand a chance!
…..ok, so Chipotle is kind of amazing, but this dish still rocked!
If you’re not in the mood for fajitas, grill up some chicken with southwestern seasoning and dig in! This makes great leftovers and goes with anything! Stuff this into red peppers or serve with carnitas, either way you’ll enjoy this colorful dish. Hope you enjoy it!
Fiesta Lime Rice Print Recipe adapted from Skinnytaste Serves: 4 servings Ingredients
- 1½ cups cooked long grain rice
- ¾ cup canned black beans, rinsed and heated
- ¾ cup cooked corn, heated
- 1 large tomato, diced
- 1 large scallion, diced fine
- 2-4 Tbsp chopped cilantro (to your liking)
- 1 Tbsp fresh squeezed lime juice
- Salt to taste
- In a large bowl, combine hot rice, heated corn, heated beans, tomato, scallion, cilantro, lime juice and salt if needed. Toss and serve.
Nutritional Information Serving Size: 1 cup • Calories: 152.8 • Fat: 0.8 g • Carbs: 33.7 g • Fiber: 4 g • Protein: 5.7 g • WW Points+: 4 pts 3.5.3208