Ok so this is a game changer folks.
Looks like your typical fried rice, eh? You know…every person’s take-out dream that we like to order on those cheat days when we don’t want to count our calories. Well no need to cheat with this version! This entire recipe is nothing but veggies and you honestly wouldn’t know the difference. I’ll admit, I was pretty skeptical at first….I mean how on earth could cauliflower taste like rice?! Well it’s soft, tender and grainy just like rice, the flavors are all amazing and I think it looks pretty spot on. Oh and the best part?? A typical serving of fried rice from your favorite take-out restaurant can run you over 529 calories (um no thanks), but you can enjoy this delicious “rice” for only 131 calories! I think that’s reason enough to give this recipe a try, don’t ya think? Throw in some chicken or fish and you’ve got a complete meal!
I should also probably mention that this dish is definitely husband approved, and that’s saying A LOT. My hubs is super picky, especially when it comes to making over his favorite recipes so I wish you all could have seen his face when I told him this was cauliflower. Haha priceless.
Now I prefer to use a food processor to create the cauliflower “rice” as it literally only takes a few seconds (HUGE time saver!), but if you don’t have one on hand you can always use a cheese grater or even chop it yourself into fine little pieces, but I’m all about recipes that are quick, easy and save you time! I also love that this entire dish is cooked in one single skillet (or wok), so that makes clean up a breeze too. Simply saute your veggies, stir in the cauliflower rice, drizzle everything with sauce and BOOM. You’ve got dinner ready to go in under 20 minutes!
You see what I mean about this being a game changer now? I honestly won’t ever go back to regular fried rice again, I mean why would I? This version is just TOO good to pass up and too good for YOU!
Take my word for it.
Healthy Cauliflower Fried “Rice” Print Serves: 4 Servings Ingredients
- 1 head cauliflower, chopped into florets
- 1 small yellow onion, finely chopped
- ½ cup frozen peas
- ½ cup carrots, cubed
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1 Tbsp sesame oil
- ¼ cup low sodium soy sauce
- 1 Tbsp light brown sugar
- ⅛ tsp. ground ginger
- Pinch red pepper flakes
- 2 Tbsp green onions, chopped
- Chop head of cauliflower into florets and place in food processor. Pulse until it starts to resemble rice; set aside.
- Heat a large wok (or skillet) over medium heat and drizzle in sesame oil. Add onion, peas and carrots and saute until tender, about 2 minutes.
- Meanwhile in a small bowl, whisk together soy sauce, brown sugar, ginger and red pepper flakes; set aside.
- Slide veggie mixture to one side of the wok and add in the beaten eggs, scrambling until cooked through and then incorporate with the veggies.
- Stir in cauliflower “rice” and pour the soy sauce over top, mixing well. Cook for an additional 3 to 4 minutes, until cauliflower is soft and tender.
- Top with green onions, serve and enjoy!
Nutritional Information Serving Size: 1¼ cup • Calories: 131 • Fat: 6.3 g • Saturated Fat: 1.3 g • Carbs: 13.5 g • Fiber: 3 g • Protein: 6.5 g • Sugars: 7.1 g • WW Points+: 3 • Smart Points: 5 3.5.3208