So you may actually recognize this recipe since YES I shared these lettuce wraps before years ago on my blog, but we love making these sooo much in our house that I just had to re-make them for you (with better photos of course). The photos I took before were when I was brand new at photography and, although they tasted incredible, the photos were not exactly drool-worthy.
I mean……they were BAD.
But everyone has to start somewhere and everything is always such a great learning experience so I actually love looking back at old photos (er sometimes) to see how much I’ve grown. I’m sure there will come a time in the future when I’ll look back at these current photos and find aspects that I don’t like, things that I wished I had done better or changed, but I guarantee you I’ll have the same sense of pride through learning and growing my craft. Plus who wants to look at unappealing pics of food??
Yeah NO ONE.
If you are a fan of P.F. Changs’ lettuce wraps like we are then you will seriously LOVE these. Not only are the flavors in this dish insane, but the entire recipe literally only takes about 15 minutes from start to finish! I used ground turkey in place of beef which I actually prefer better, but you could also use ground chicken. You could also throw in some chopped shiitake mushrooms for added texture and flavor, but my hubby and I aren’t the biggest fan of mushrooms so we hardly ever eat them. I know….we can be pretty picky. Just something I’d like to note, when purchasing lettuce for these wraps, make sure to specifically buy Boston lettuce leaves as they are the perfect size and shape to hold everything in this dish together! I made that mistake on my last recipe of buying just a random head of lettuce. Our wraps completely fell apart, the leaves were way to big and they just looked like an unappetizing hot mess.
BUT they did still taste good so that’s what matters right?!
These lettuce wraps are perfect for an easy weeknight meal and make delicious appetizers when having friends over. In fact, they’re so highly requested that I have passed this recipe out more times than I can count to friends and family would want to make them which is why I wanted to re-new this recipe for you guys! If you do make them, make sure to tag me on Instagram or Twitter so that I can see how they turn out!
Asian Turkey Lettuce Wraps Print Serves: 6 Ingredients
- 1¼ lb. fat-free lean ground turkey
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- ⅛ tsp. ground ginger
- 4 green onions, thinly sliced
- 1 (8 oz) can sliced water chestnuts, drained and coarsely chopped
- 3 Tbsp hoisin sauce
- 2 Tbsp lower-sodium soy sauce (green top)
- 1 Tbsp rice vinegar
- 2 tsp. roasted red chili paste
- ⅛ tsp. salt
- 12 Boston lettuce leaves
- Heat 1 tablespoon of oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add turkey, garlic and ginger to the pan and cook for about 6 minutes or until turkey is browned. Stir to crumble.
- Combine turkey mixture, onions and chopped water chestnuts in a large bowl, stirring well, and set aside.
- Meanwhile in a small bowl, whisk together hoisin, soy sauce, rice vinegar and roasted red chili paste and drizzle over the turkey mixture. Toss to coat completely.
- Add about ¼ cup turkey mixture to each lettuce leaf, serve and enjoy!
Nutritional Information Serving Size: 2 lettuce cups + ¼ cup turkey mixture each • Calories: 162 • Fat: 4.3 g • Saturated Fat: 0.8 g • Carbs: 7.8 g • Fiber: 0.9 g • Protein: 23.5 g • Sugars: 3.4 g • WW Points+: 4 • Smart Points: 3 3.5.3208