So I have some exciting news!
I was recently asked to be a contributor to Parade Magazine‘s food blog and I couldn’t be more excited! I’ve always been a fan of Parade so this was such a fun opportunity for me. So I wanted my first post to be something I was really passionate about and well, as most of you know based on the zillions of posts I make on my Instagram account, I’m absolutely obsessed with KIND bars!! They’re the perfect little snack to keep in your purse on the run or in your desk while at work, they’re made with all-natural wholesome ingredients and best of all, they’re soooo DELICIOUS!! The only thing I hate is that they’re so darn expensive! Well what if I told you that these are not only cheaper to make, but they’re actually healthier for you!
There are so many different combinations of Kind bars you can make, but my absolute favorite are the dark chocolate and sea salt bars (hmm wonder why??) So if you love these as much as I do then I urge you to make these bars ASAP! They’re healthy, easy to grab on-the-go and made with all-natural wholesome ingredients. There’s only one catch – unfortunately they can be pretty expensive, especially if you purchase a bunch at one time. Well what if I told you that you can make your very own Kind bars at home which not only saves you money, but are lower in calories too!
The great thing about making these is there is no baking involved so this makes the process super quick and easy. You can also customize this recipe however you’d like! I chose to make my favorite Kind bar which is the dark chocolate and sea salt version, but feel free to make these bars your own and get creative. I mean peanut butter anyone?? Oh those are SO next. Hey even your kids may want to join in on all the fun!
Homemade “Kind” Bars Print Ingredients
- ½ cup unsalted roasted almonds, whole
- ½ cup unsalted dry roasted peanuts, whole
- ½ cup roasted walnuts, chopped
- ⅓ cup puffed rice
- 1 Tbsp flaxseed meal
- ¼ cup brown rice syrup
- 2 Tbsp honey
- ½ tsp vanilla
- ½ tsp sea salt
- ½ cup dark chocolate chips
- Line an 8 inch pan with aluminum foil leaving a couple of inches overhanging on each side.
- In a large greased bowl, mix together nuts, puffed rice and flaxseed meal together and set aside.
- In a small saucepan, combine brown rice syrup, honey, vanilla and sea salt and bring to a boil, continually whisking for 2 minutes.
- Pour syrup mixture immediately over nut mixture and stir to combine. Transfer into the lined pan and spread out evenly, making sure there are no gaps.
- Allow mixture to cool for about 20 minutes then, using the overhanging foil, take the block of nuts out of the pan and place on a cutting board. Cut into 10 even bars and allow to cool completely before drizzling chocolate.
- To make the chocolate drizzle, place the dark chocolate chips in a microwave-safe bowl and microwave in 30 second intervals, stirring each time until the chocolate is melted.
- Spoon the chocolate drizzle over the bars and let sit at room temperature until the chocolate has set.
- Store bars in an airtight container for up to a week or freeze to save for later.
Nutritional Information Serving Size: 1 bar • Calories: 162 • Fat: 9.2 g • Carbs: 14.4 g • Fiber: 2 g • Protein: 5 g • WW Points+: 4 pts 3.5.3208