This is one dish I’ve always wanted to make, but have never attempted until now. It was SUPER easy and so quick! It’s also much healthier than the salsa you buy in the jar, only around 5 calories per two tablespoons! I loved the fresh taste it had and the combination of flavors, especially the cilantro, really went well together. The only change I would make would be to de-seed the jalapeno peppers…OOOO was it spicy!! I thought that I would like it that hot since the boyfriend loves spicy food, but this was a bit too much for me haha. It made a TON of salsa (filled up two bowls) so if you don’t want to store that much just cut the ingredients in half. Next time I’m going to grill the veggies and blend them together so the salsa will have a charred, smoky flavor. Hope you enjoy it!
Homemade Salsa Print Recipe adapted from For the Love of Cooking Ingredients
- ?10 small or medium tomatoes
- 3 green onions
- 3 cloves of garlic
- Handful of cilantro
- 1-2 jalapenos, seeded and deveined
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Clean tomatoes, remove stem, then gently cut an X on the bottom of the tomatoes.
- Heat a large pot of water until boiling. Add the tomatoes and boil for 10-15 seconds. Remove from water and put into an ice bath. Once the tomatoes have cooled, gently peel off the skin.
- Place tomatoes, garlic, green onions, cilantro, jalapenos, salt and pepper in a food processor or blender. Puree until thoroughly mixed.
- Taste and re-season if necessary. Letting it sit in the refrigerator for a few hours lets the flavors combine and makes the salsa even better.
Nutritional Information Serving Size: ¼ cup • Calories: 10 • Fat: 0 g • Carbs: 0 g • Fiber: 0 g • Protein: 0 g • WW Points+: 0 pts 3.5.3208