So I must admit I found this delicious caprese-style salad completely at random when I was searching for recipes containing basil. You see, while going to the store to get ingredients for my pineapple, corn and bell pepper relish, they only had a HUGE container of fresh basil, not a smaller one that I normally buy…sigh. I didn’t want this delicious herb going to waste so I was on a mission to find as many recipes containing basil as possible.
I was indeed successful.
One of those recipes you will see in an upcoming guest post I’m doing on Friday with The Food Mentalist, but this salad proved to be quick, easy and incredibly delicious! Oh and I didn’t have to waste any of my basil…weeee!
This Mozzarella, Tomato and Basil Caprese Salad would be perfect as an appetizer before dinner or to go along with any yummy dish off the grill. Seriously it’s the perfect summer treat! It’s also a great way to use those delicious tomatoes you’ve been growing in the garden ? Hope you guys enjoy this!Now off to find more basil recipes…yum!
Mozzarella, Tomato and Basil Caprese Salad Print Serves: 8 servings Ingredients
- 6 large ripe tomatoes
- 1½ pound fresh mozzarella
- ½ bunch of fresh basil
- ½ cup olive oil
- 2 Tbsp. balsamic vinegar
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Slice 6 large ripe tomatoes and 1½ 1b. fresh mozzarella. Thinly slice ½ bunch of fresh basil.
- On a serving platter, alternate slices of tomatoes and mozzarella. Sprinkle with basil. Season lightly with salt and pepper.
- Combine olive oil, balsamic vinegar along with a bit of salt and pepper to taste and serve on the side. Enjoy!
Enjoy friends and happy summer!!