Do you ever have one of those weekends where you feel like you literally ate anything and everything in your house whether out of boredom, because you had people over or you simply said EFF it and wanted to eat?? Ha well it happens to the best of us and sometimes we just need a good old ‘detox’ after a fun-filled weekend of drinks and ridiculous amounts of chips, salsa or anything else we decided to rid our pantry of! That’s why I LOVE this salad so much, seriously I’m obsessed! It’s packed with so many nutrients and gives me that extra boost needed to get my body feeling normal and healthy again. Also do you ever have one of those recipes that you tend to make way too much on a weekly basis that you would assume you’d be sick of, but you just love so much that it’s totally necessary??
Well this would be in fact MINE.
This detox salad is legit loaded with so many delicious veggies such as brussels sprouts, broccoli, kale and cabbage, has such great texture with the added sunflower seeds and crunchy almonds, and it literally makes a TON so you are sure to have plenty to last you the whole week! I just love making this because I can easily just throw everything into my food processor, blend away and I’m done. Doesn’t get much easier than that, huh? I’m also
mildly extremely obsessed with this dressing as well! I like to make a big batch of it on Sundays so that I have some at work as well as in my fridge at home since I’ll literally eat this salad anywhere.
Plus isn’t it just so dang pretty?? Go make this…..NOW.
My Favorite Detox Salad! Print Serves: 6 Servings Ingredients
- 2 cups kale
- 2 cups broccoli florets
- 2 cups brussels sprouts, roughly chopped
- 2 cups red cabbage, roughly chopped
- 1 cup carrots, roughly chopped
- ½ cup fresh parsley
- ½ cup almonds
- 1 to 2 Tbsp sunflower seeds
- For the dressing:
- 3 Tbsp olive oil
- ½ cup lemon juice (or juice of two lemons)
- 1 Tbsp fresh ginger, peeled and grated
- 3 tsp. Dijon mustard
- 2 tsp. honey (or maple syrup)
- ¼ tsp. sea salt
- Using a food processor, process all the veggies up to the parsley until finely chopped and mix together in a large bowl. This may take a few batches.
- Add almonds to the food processor and pulse, until roughly chopped, and mix in with the salad along with the sunflower seeds.
- In a small bowl, whisk together all the ingredients for the dressing and drizzle over top of the salad OR place in a jar and use as needed. Enjoy!
Nutritional Information Serving Size: 1½ cups • Calories: 175 • Fat: 11.8 g • Saturated Fat: 1.6 g • Carbs: 15.4 g • Fiber: 4.7 g • Protein: 5.3 g • Sugar: 5.6 g • WW Points+: 5 • Smart Points: 6 3.5.3208