Sometimes you just need a good snack.
Not one that requires a ton of prep or an extensive amount of washing, peeling, and cutting.
You see where I’m going with this.
Sometimes you just need to grab a bag of nuts and satisfy those hunger cravings! And I’m totally ok with these being spicy. In fact, I’m pretty sure chipotle chili peppers always make any dish better. These are completely simple to make, all you need is an hour for the baking time and you’ve got a snack that is sure to last you all week! I seriously love this mix so much, I’m definitely trying this with roasted chickpeas next!
Now lemme tell you. Working out after being out of commission for 3 weeks is completely exhilarating, but also very painful! I am SO sore today, but the feeling just motivates me even more. I missed working out so much, and you can bet my booty missed it even more! This weekend is my 15k race and although I’m still running it, I’m disappointed that I’m not as prepared for it as I had wanted to be. After getting bronchitis that turned into pneumonia, my lungs couldn’t handle any running whatsoever and it’s still sort of painful even now. But I refuse to back out so I’m just going to have fun with it!
Wish me luck though, I’ll sure need it!!!
This pecan mix makes a great party snack or do what I did and throw them in a mason jar, tie some twine around it in a bow and share with your family!I seriously can’t get enough of mason jars
and I would use them for everything if I could!I think you’ll really love this sweet, spicy, and salty combination, the flavors just went SO well together! Plus I think you’ll really impress the men in your family, which is never a bad thing.
Orange Chipotle-Spiced Pecan Mix Print Recipe adapted from Cooking Light Serves: 10 servings Ingredients
- 1 Tbsp grated orange rind
- 1 Tbsp fresh orange juice
- 1 large egg white
- 2 cups pecan halves
- 1 Tbsp dark brown sugar
- 1 tsp. salt
- ½ tsp. ground chipotle chili pepper
- Cooking spray
- ½ cup sweetened dried cranberries
- Preheat oven to 225 degrees F.
- Whisk together orange zest, orange juice and large egg white in a medium bowl. Stir in pecans, coating well. In a separate bowl, combine sugar, salt and chili pepper; add to pecan mixture and toss well.
- Spread mixture in a single layer on a jelly-roll pan coated with cooking spray. Bake at 225 for one hour, stirring occasionally.
- Remove from oven and cool completely. Stir in cranberries and enjoy! Can be stored in an airtight container for up to one week.
Nutritional Information Serving Size: ¼ cup • Calories: 91 • Fat: 7.7 g • Carbs: 4.8 g • Fiber: 0.8 g • Protein: 1.2 g • WW Points+: 3 pts 3.5.3208