You asked for it so I delivered! Lightened-up chicken pot pies have been my highest recipe request for so long now and not just by you…um my boyfriend has literally been begging me to make this for over 2 years now.
Clearly I’m a terrible girlfriend.
Well to be honest, I’ve NEVER made chicken pot pies before and have always just assumed they would be really hard to make. Yes I’m aware I’ve just admitted to being an insanely lazy, pessimistic individual, but hey let’s move on.
All I have to say is fresh thyme, roasted chicken, fluffy biscuits…need I go on?? I really wanted to make my own dough for this, but I just love how quick and easy this is! The perfect weeknight dish (when your running home late from work per usual) to serve your family that is hearty and delicious, yet perfectly portioned and low in calories. You can’t go wrong!
And ohh how I wish you could see my kitchen right now. It. Is. EMPTY. I’m talking bare, desolate, completely void of anything remotely cooking related. To be honest, I kind of love and I kind of hate it. This weekend was spent packing since we’re officially moving next week (yay!!) so I thought I’d go ahead and get a jump start on my kitchen since 85% of the things I own are held there. Thankfully we knocked it out in one day and are now left with 4 plates, some silverware, a cutting board and like one pot. Sigh. Guess I won’t be cooking much this week, but I can’t begin to tell you how nice it is to have a clean, organized kitchen!
I suppose it’s not hard to organize 6 things.Still it’s nice to have clear counter tops and empty cupboards, makes cleaning a whole LOT easier. So if I’m lacking recipes the next two weeks, you know why. My apologies ahead of time.
Skinny Chicken Pot Pies Print Recipe adapted from Redbook Ingredients
- 1 cup fat-free half and half
- 1 cup fat-free chicken broth
- 3 Tbsp. all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp. poultry seasoning
- 1 tsp. thyme
- 2 cups roasted skinless chicken breast, cubed
- 1 (10 oz) package frozen mixed veggies, thawed
- 4 green onions, chopped
- 1 tsp. salt
- ¼ tsp. pepper
- 1 can (7.5 oz) refrigerated reduced-fat biscuits
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F.
- In a medium saucepan, whisk together half and half, chicken broth, flour, poultry seasoning and thyme. Bring to a boil then reduce heat to a simmer, continuing to whisk for about 4 minutes. Once mixture has thickened, remove from heat and stir in chicken, mixed veggies, green onions, salt and pepper. Cover to keep warm and set aside.
- Coat 5 (6 oz) ramekins with nonstick cooking spray.
- On a lightly floured surface, roll out 5 biscuits into 4-inch rounds. Evenly fill ramekins with chicken mixture and top each with a rolled out biscuit, pressing firmly around the sides of the ramekin to adhere. Pierce 4 holes in the top of the biscuits to vent and place in oven.
- Bake pies for about 12 minutes, until filling is bubbly and biscuits are golden. Enjoy!
Nutritional Information Serving Size: 1 ramekin • Calories: 286 • Fat: 4 g • Carbs: 36 g • Fiber: 2 g • Protein: 24 g • WW Points+: 7 pts Nutritional Information Serving size: 5 Servings 3.5.3208