Thank you so much Karen for requesting this recipe!! They turned out really yummy and were the perfect little snack! She sent me this recipe from a Weight Watchers cookbook and, after seeing all the ingredients, knew I’d love this. They remind me of honey roasted peanuts except with a kick of cayenne pepper and chili powder for spice. You can cook them for 10 to 20 minutes if you want them a bit mushy inside or around 35 minutes like I did if you like them crunchy! Perfect to throw in a dish for an upcoming party or when you have company over and you save a ton of calories from traditional salty peanuts! Feel free to try and type of seasoning or spice you like, you really can’t go wrong. Hope you enjoy them!
Spicy Roasted Chickpeas Print Serves: 6 servings Ingredients
- 1 Tbsp. olive oil
- 1½ tsp. chili powder
- 1½ tsp. ground cumin
- ¼ tsp. salt
- ⅛ tsp. cayenne pepper
- 2 (15.5 oz.) cans chickpeas, rinsed, drained and patted dry
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Arrange racks in top and bottom thirds of oven. Stir together oil, chili powder, cumin, salt and cayenne in a large bowl. Add chickpeas and toss to coat.
- Divide chickpeas between two large rimmed baking sheets. Bake, shaking pans occasionally and rotating pans from top to bottom shelves after 20 minutes, until chickpeas are browned and crisp, about 35 to 40 minutes. S
- erve warm or at room temperature.
Nutritional Information Serving Size: ⅓ cup • Calories: 141 • Fat: 4 g • Carbs: 2 g • Fiber: 5 g • Protein: 6 g • WW Points+: 3 pts 3.5.3208