It’s official. I’m obsessed with summertime.
I mean y’all know how much I love the fresh fruit that comes hand-in-hand with this time of year, but seafood is definitely my next favorite.
I came across this recipe by complete happenstance (sorry…who says that word?) and completely fell in love with the spice rub. I mean whoever thought mixing spicy cayenne pepper with sweet cinnamon was a damn bloody genius. I used tiny little shrimp that I already had in my freezer, but this recipe would definitely be best with large fresh shrimp!You can choose to saute them in a pan with a little butter OR just skewer them up and throw them on the grill! Grilling is definitely the healthier option (and more flavorful in my opinion) so I would highly recommend going that route. Of course since I live in a tiny apartment and they refuse to allow me to have a grill on my deck, I went ahead and just cooked these on the stove. But I think putting them on skewers would be amazing and would certainly make for a fabulous presentation, if I do say so myself.
PS I’m moving asap.
Another reason I love summer is because of all the constant plans I have! My weekends are literally booked through the beginning of September with either lake trips, weddings, concerts or cookouts. I freaking love my life. Well this weekend was certainly no exception, Friday night was my friend Cassie’s birthday so we headed up to a rooftop bar in Arlington to celebrate. Great friends, yummy drinks and gorgeous weather, I honestly couldn’t have asked for a more perfect night.
Hope you enjoy these shrimps!
Spicy Shrimp with Cilantro and Lime Print Recipe adapted from Dinner: A Love Story Serves: 4 servings Ingredients
- ¾ tsp. sea salt
- 1 tsp. paprika
- ½ tsp. ground cumin
- ½ tsp. curry powder
- ⅛ tsp. cayenne pepper
- ⅛ tsp. cinnamon
- 2 lb. large shrimp, peeled and deveined
- Garnish with chopped cilantro and lime wedges
- To make the seasoning, mix together the salt, paprika, cumin, curry powder, cayenne and cinnamon. Sprinkle over shrimp and toss to combine.
- For grilling: Preheat your grill on medium heat and spray with cooking spray to prevent shrimp from sticking. Thread shrimp on skewers and place on grill for 1 to 2 minutes (until pink) then turn over and cook an additional 30 seconds to 1 minute, depending on how you like them. Squeeze lime juice over top and garnish with chopped cilantro, if desired.
- For pan frying: In a large skillet, melt about a tablespoon of light butter over medium-high heat. Add shrimp and cook, stirring occasionally for about 3 to 5 minutes. Shrimp should be opaque throughout. Squeeze lime juice over top and garnish with chopped cilantro, if desired. Enjoy!
Nutritional Information Serving Size: 6 oz. • Calories: 180 • Fat: 3 g • Carbs: 0.5 g • Fiber: 0 g • Protein: 34.5 g • WW Points+: 4 pts 3.5.3208