One of the fun things about being a blogger, especially with food, is going back to the beginning and seeing how far you’ve come with your recipes. When I first began I was using my trusty ol’ iPhone to take pictures and many of those recipes, though may not look as appetizing because I had NO idea what I was doing with my photography, were actually some of my favorite recipes! Unfortunately those recipes tend to get overlooked because they’re were posted years ago, so I thought it was time to start re-making them! You can find the original recipe for this dip HERE.
This oh so simple recipe is one I made this past weekend while having my friends over and I wanted to share it again not only because it’s one of our favorites, but it’s actually completely fat-free! This dip is sweet, spicy and super creamy and made with Greek yogurt instead of mayo. It’s a hidden gem of a recipe that I couldn’t wait to share again because honestly everyone should try this at least once in their life.
The funny thing is, this recipe is also highly requested by my father who hates all things healthy. If it were up to him he’d live off baby back ribs, chex mix and mashed potatoes for the rest of his life. You see anytime I go out of town (which tends to be a lot in the summer) I’m always needing him to watch Oliver. Well as payment for taking care of the little nugget, he
practically BEGS asks me to make him a huge batch of this dip! No I haven’t bothered to tell him how healthy this is either…..and I probably won’t!
I usually serve this dip with fresh veggies and whole wheat crackers, but you can really enjoy it any way you’d like! To make this spicier simply add a dash or two more of cayenne pepper or leave it out completely if you’d rather no spice at all. Hope this becomes a staple at all your future parties too!
Spicy Sun Dried Tomato Dip Print Serves: 6 servings Ingredients
- ½ cup sun dried tomatoes, without oil, dry packed
- 8 oz. fat-free cream cheese, softened at room temp
- ½ cup plain Greek yogurt
- ¼ cup chili sauce
- 4 Tbsp green onions, chopped
- ½ red bell pepper, chopped
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- ½ tsp celery seed
- ⅛ tsp cayenne pepper
- Place tomatoes in a small bowl. Cover with 1 cup of boiling water and allow to stand at room temperature for 10 minutes. Drain and chop tomatoes.
- Meanwhile, in a separate bowl, combine cream cheese, yogurt and chili sauce, mixing well. Feel free to use a hand mixer to save time and to make this creamier. Add tomatoes and remaining ingredients. Mix well and refrigerate until ready to serve. Enjoy!
Nutritional Information Serving Size: ¼ cup • Calories: 80 • Fat: 0 g • Carbs: 10 g • Fiber: 1 g • Protein: 7.5 g • WW Points+: 2 pts 3.5.3208